- More than 10 Lakhs new cancer cases are being diagnosed each year in India.
- 6 to 7 Lakhs Indians die of Breast cancer each year, it being the commonest cause of cancer.
- 70 percent Indian Cancer patients survive less than five years after diagnosis.
- 40 percent Cancers in India arise out of tobacco use.
- 500% increase in Cancer is expected in India by 2025. (280% due to ageing & 220 % due to tobacco use).
Jaipur, the state capital of Rajasthan is known for its divine art, robust culture and colorful heritage. In the early 90s, though there were a good number of governments and private health care centers catering to the needs of the suffering community, the city lacked a specialized center dedicated for Cancer management needs of the region. Unfortunately, at that time patients from Northwestern parts of the country had to travel long distances to Delhi, Mumbai or even Vellore, searching for better Cancer diagnostic modalities and treatment options.
Last decade of twentieth century witnessed the birth of an idea, which was conceived amongst the noble gathering of the visionary citizens of Jaipur, in the presence of then Chief Minister of Rajasthan, Shri Bhairon Singh Shekhawat. The idea envisaged a hospital facility, such in its candor and services that could cater to all strata of the society suffering from the dreadful ailment of Cancer. Seed of this idea was watered by the humble efforts of Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer hospital & Research Centre, Trust and in April 1992, the dream of Cancer Hospital in Jaipur blossomed into reality. The herculean task of running such a facility for the service of society, was taken up by Shri Navrattan Kothari on 5 October 1997, under the overarching umbrella of KGK Trust. Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (BMCHRC), Jaipur was established with the aim of providing World Class Cancer Care Center boasting of eminent professionals, latest technology, and state of the art infrastructure serving the community distressed by Cancer. Bhagwan Mahaveer Cancer Hospital & Research Centre (BMCHRC) became operational on 23rd October 1997, with Out Patient services.
Since then, BMCHRC has come a long way. Today, it is a 200 bedded, NABH Accredited, super specialty cancer hospital, which has been in the forefront in crusade against Cancer through various activities. We try to contribute our bit by spreading awareness, education, early diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of Cancer patients.
BMCHRC through its team of qualified doctors & experienced nursing staff aspire to provide patient care with globally accepted standards, using cutting edge technology like Radio Iodine Therapy ( First & Only In Rajasthan For Thyroid Cancer Patients), Gallium-68 (Generator For Neuroendocrine Tumors and Prostate Tumors), Linear Accelerator ( First In Rajasthan with technology of rapid Arc, IGRT, IMRT and 3DCRT), Laser Surgery, Sentinel lymph node biopsy, Neuro-Oncology & Ortho Oncology for the diagnosis & effective management of Cancer.
We endeavor to accomplish our goals by providing the best treatment to patients of all the strata and also provide free hospital services up to 25 % (Except Medicines) of the total IPD & OPD patients.
We are empanelled with Govt. of Rajasthan, Central Govt. of India and Major organizations like – ECHS, CGHS, ESI, Railways etc along with most of the TPAs and Insurance Companies of repute.
- Donate A Life. This Project Provides Free Treatment To Children Aged 14 Years And Below Suffering From The Treatable types of Blood Cancers
- Annual Surveillance and Early Detection of Breast and Cervical Cancer. We provide free Mammography and cervical smear examinations for susceptible women, for early detection and management of Breast and Cervical Cancer.
- Freedom from Cancer. Offers free treatment for the patients suffering from Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML), a type of Blood Cancer
- Wilms Tumor. Kids suffering from a kidney cancer are treated FREE, under this Project.
Patients at BMCHRC are always backed by the generous moral support by our ladies wing “Cancer Care” which is at all times accessible to facilitate patients and their attendants, It is headed by Sr Vice Chairperson Mrs Anila Kothari.
The footprints left by Cancer, in one’s walk of LIFE, is filled with untold challenges, at the individual and family level. It shatters hope, destroys peace of mind, tests friendship, corrodes faith and cripples love. When a patient walks into our Hospital, we become partners in his fight against Cancer, and offer him all the guidance, treatment and support, so that he moves through it and beyond…with courage and grace…