ABOUT THE PROJECT
BMCHRC runs a Donate A Life project to provide free treatment for children under the age of 14 who are suffering from any of these conditions:
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Low Risk (ALL)
- Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia (APML)
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (HL)
Under this project, these underprivileged children receive the benefits of :
- Treatment by experienced and knowledgeable doctors as per internationally approved chemotherapy protocols.
- A high cure rate of over 90%.
- The cured child can lead a full healthy productive life.
- Highest cost/ benefit ratio of all treatable cancers in terms of benefit to the patients and quality of life.
This Started in August, 2014, 173 Children (ALL-122, HD–37, APML-7, OS-4, ES-2, PNET-1) received free treatment including medicines (worth Rs. 4,96,25,604/-) till March, 2021. Now 130 children are receiving treatment and of which 116 are Cancer Free.
This has only become a possibility thanks to the great aid provided by our benefactors over the course of the program. As part of the aid, the program runs as per the following guidelines:
- The project to provide free treatment to eminently treatable childhood cancers is managed through a dedicated “Donate A Life fund account”.
- The entire cost of treatment (incurred in BMCHRC) including medicines, bed, investigation, doctor consultation, nursing, medicine, etc. is completely borne by the fund account.
- Interest incurred on the donations towards the project will always remain in the Donate A Life Fund account and will be always used for the project only.
If you wish to donate to the fund and help in changing the life of an underprivileged child suffering from cancer, you can do so by clicking on the Donate now button below.